CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Katherine's Place Tea Room & Gifts

When we first purchased our home in 2001, we were living in the upstairs area and had a Tea Room in the downstairs level. My Mother and I ran the Tea Room and my daughters helped out also. It was a lot of fun and we had many Tea Parties here.

After a few years we really needed more living space and decided it was best to live in the whole house at the end of 2004 and we closed the Tea Room.
We hope to open it again someday at another location.

Below are some pics of what it looked like then.
(Sorry about the poor quality of the pics. They are from the old 35mm camera.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Below is the business sign.

One was on the porch and the other in the driveway.



This is the sign that hung from the mailbox and could be seen both ways from the street.


This is the view from the street. It sure was a cold wintery day.

No sunshine. :(



The side porch entryway on a sunny day. :)


Front Door with Christmas wreath hung.



My birthday rosebush given to me by my Mama when we opened the Tea Room.

Side porch and entry to the Tea Room. It is decorated for Christmas.
And Patriotic too.
(Since this photo, we added a wheelchair ramp for my Grandma)

Another view from the entry porch.
(Notice in this pic that the wicker sofa replaced the plastic one)

Place setting for One.
We served a six course meal.


I loved the lights over the archway, especially at night. They were so romantic.

(The dresser with the mirror was my Great Grandma's.)


My Pink Romantic Powder Room

The wisteria over the archway was my Mama's favorite.

Part of the gift area.

We love to have a romantic fire in the evenings
and we have enough chilly nights that we can do just that!

This is the checkout decked out with an original St. Louis cash register with gold inlay.
That thing weighs over 100 pounds so that a bank robber couldn't take off with it easily.
I didn't like all of the dark green walls and since then have painted
a nice light creamy tan with pearl glazing.
Looking from the checkout area into the dining room.

Hope you enjoyed looking at the Tea Room pics.
It has brought back a lot of fond memories for me. :)

I love to have tea and visit Tea Rooms.
So, if you are in the area, drop by for a cup of tea.

One of my favorite teas is apple-cinnamon.
What is your favorite?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine