CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Too Cold For Ice-Cream?


I know it has been really cold and not at all what you would call
"ice-cream weather," but my husband likes to have some sort of dessert
or snack every evening. So, last night I decided it had been so long
since we had made ice-cream that I would make that our dessert.
(It was also a way for me to use my new dessert glassware.) LOL
I make my ice-cream in my little Rival maker. I really like using it
except for two things. One, the canister has to be put in the freezer for
at least 8 hours prior to making it, which takes up a lot of room in the freezer
and means that you either have to plan ahead and put it in the freezer or leave it in there
all the time, like I do. And two, it only makes enough ice-cream for 4 small servings.
That would be fine IF we ate small servings and only had 4 people to serve it to. LOL
Last night we only needed 3 since one of the girls was out at the movies.

Can you see it spinning through the peep hole?
Voila! It is done in record time. Only 20 minutes.


Here's the recipe:

2 cups of chocolate milk
1/3 cup of sweetened, condensed milk
1/2 cup of whipped cream topping

Mix well before putting into the freezer. It only takes 20 minutes for soft serve ice-cream.
(If you like it harder, you can go up to 40 minutes.
My brother likes his after it has been put in the freezer and it makes it really hard.)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Katherine